> Enter text here. > Enter text here.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I already "shared" a link to ForgottenBooks.org, which I recommend you check out. More specifically, though, I'm currently reading On Liberty by John Stuart Mill (full text), whose works express some of the most important ideas in human history. He also happens to have been a feminist. I wish every person in the world would read this essay. But I think it's especially relevant to the discussion a few posts prior, about Christianity, the ethical code contained within the New Testament, and whether the believers of Christianity take this ethical code to heart as something which motivates their actions. It also addresses the incompleteness of the ethical code found within NT and the necessity of examining minority or heretical opinions for missing pieces of truth.

It is an amazing essay, and if you haven't already read it, you should.

No comments: