> Enter text here. > Enter text here.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Civil Disobedience in the Traffic Law

So Sara just told me about her traffic ticket, and I went out looking for resources to help her before she told me she wasn't going to fight it. Alright, that's fine, but it sounds to me like she really wasn't too at fault. There's a speed change down the street from me that goes from 45 to 25 as you approach a school (which was permanently closed about 5 years ago). I imagine that a lot of people don't see it immediately and take a bit of time to adjust especially since there isn't a 'reduced speed ahead' sign nearby on the approach.

At any rate, I went a looking and found a couple of sites that can help you get out of traffic fines. Remember, if you think that you weren't being unsafe, there's a good chance that you weren't. If you were being unsafe, I would say take it up the ass, douchebag, but there are always ways to weasel out.

Here are the sites:

1) The Ticket Assassin: says it concerns itself entirely with California traffic law, but I wager that most of the advice is relatively universal.

2) Bankrate: 8 Traffic Ticket Myths
: Pretty straightforward, some of them are more helpful than others...

3) DMV.org Traffic Guidelines: Believe it or not, the traffic code is pretty legible. Sometimes the government relies on your complacency, and being aware of your rights is the best defense you can have.

In summary, FIGHT THE MAN. Seriously though, if you ever get a ticket, do your research and it will probably work out in your favor.

No comments: