> Enter text here. > Enter text here.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Get a Job, and Apple Rues the Day

So those of you who haven't heard yet, I got a job offer from Accenture programming in Java for the CalPERS. When I interviewed with my probable future boss, he seemed really chill and approachable. He mentioned he was just in Columbus (yes, that one) at OU, and I asked him what for: "It was a mission trip with my church." So there you have it.

Anyways, it looks like I have some pretty good perks - medical, dental, 401k, all the IKEA I can dream of... er, scratch that last one, I'm going to meet someone on a plane that will advise me to drink my own urine. So far, it looks like I'm going to have at least 18 days a year paid time off, so I'll probably be able to make it out for a little bit - in a while. I don't want them to get the wrong idea... yet. And I know none of you probably are looking for this, but Accenture has been such a pleasure to talk to through this entire thing that I just have to recommend them for anyone looking for their sort of gig. The CalPERS contract is a 6-year (4 years remaining) contract for the state of California, working on-site with real state employees.

Anyways, the real reason I chose to post this now was that I found out that Apple had a huge fire on their campus in Cupertino last night. Now I know what you're thinking - don't jump to conclusions, David. BUT I HAVE TO. Apple was a wretched hiring experience (from what I hear Ash and I went through similar stuff with our first prospective) which culminated in my not knowing for a good two weeks if they were planning on calling me back. (no, fuck it, I still don't know!)

So, without further ado Sara's favorite online IT newspaper reports on how the company which screwed with me has a three-alarm fire on the day that I got hired.

Oh, and if this seems too suspicious, I do have an alibi - I went out to dinner with the 'rents to FAT'S to celebrate while I assume this was going on.

2 comments:

wingsofadove said...

I read about that fire late last night, but i never even thought that you had anything to do with it:P
congrats again!:)

alm said...

woot congratulations! I thought like most of California was on fire anyway? That'll teach 'em to scorn their prospective employees! BURN.