> Enter text here. > Enter text here.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Jim Ottovani and Scientific Comics

Via Pharyngula.
As best I can discern, these are comics about scientific discoveries in various fields but generally pretty sensational. Having just finished Watchmen, I can appreciate understand the appeal of documenting real-life events in an animated atmosphere. Gets those of us who don't like to read (or otherwise prefer a drawn image to an imagined one) and kids into real science besides the bullshit Stan Lee "radioactive spider" fuccrap.

Oh, and to continue my multimedia extravaganza, here's the Watchmen trailer. Every scene in the trailer is in the "book" - look for Dr Manhattan (he's blue - da da de da da dum) in Vietnam s'plodin' charlies.

1 comment:

alm said...

I know absolutely nothing about Watchmen, but every time I see the badass trailer I feel compelled to see the movie. And the Smashing Pumpkins don't hurt.